HOW WE CAME TO BE
The Ambassador Hotel Collection is a hospitality consultancy, development and management company. We offer a broad range of hotel development and operations expertise to property owners and investors. Clients renovating an existing hotel, considering purchasing a hotel, or exploring the viability of retrofitting a building for hospitality purposes can seek the services of Ambassador Hotel Collection for any of their needs.
Officially coined Ambassador Hotel collection in 2000, our story began almost 30 years earlier when Paul Coury founded Coury Properties, a full service commercial real estate investment advisory firm. Over the past 30 years Coury Properties portfolio has grown to include asset management, leasing, brokerage services, the development of three ground-up residential communities, and a portfolio of upscale boutique hotels. In the late 1980's the Coury Properties purchased its first hotel for redevelopment and started providing asset management services for an investor with hotels and golf courses spanning from Florida, Chicago, California and Alaska.
In 1999, after an extensive historical renovation that perfectly tied together updated elegance and old glory, Coury opened the doors to his first boutique hotel. Ambassador Hotel Tulsa paved the way for many of our portfolio’s historic hotel renovations to come, and inspired our company namesake “Ambassador Hotel Collection.” Over the past 15 years Ambassador Hotel Collection has developed and consulted on over 15 hotel and restaurant projects. Coury’s commitment to design excellence is well known throughout the Midwest. Each hotel and restaurant is a looked upon as a unique design project, with a different story to tell. This commitment to design can be seen in our portfolio of projects. In 2013, Ambassador Hotel Collection branded four of their independent hotels with Marriott Autograph Collection and within the first year of our partnership Mr. Coury was awarded 2014 Development Partner of the year by Marriott International.
WHO WE ARE
Our executive team shares a combined 100+ years of hospitality experience. We are a team of strong leadership who shares in our vision of delivering world class service. While our properties are located in the Midwest, our executive team members are hospitality veterans from both near and far. Our executive team talent hails from Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Kansas City, Chicago, New York, Seattle, and furthest, our Executive Chef form Tipperary, Ireland. Each member of this team brings an impressive resume full of experience and accolades that makes Ambassador Hotel Collection who we are today.
AAA 4 Diamond Ratings
- Top in Each Market
- Ambassador Kansas City Named to Top 25 Hotels in U.S., Ranking #20
- All Hotels Awarded Award of Excellence for Every Eligible Year
- Two Hall of Fame Awards of Excellence (Must have been open at least 5 years, only two properties eligible)
- 2015 – Full Service Franchise Guest Experience Hotel of the Year, Americas West Region Award
- 2015 – Revenue Leader of the Year, Americas West Region Award
- 2015 – Beverage Professional of the Year, The Americas Award
- 2015 – Outstanding Service Award
- 2015 – Outstanding Food and Beverage Award
- 2014 – Development Partner of the Year Award
Marriott Guest Satisfaction Survey
- All Ambassador Hotels are Currently Ranked in the Top 12 of All Autograph Hotels
- Ambassador Tulsa Ended 2015 as #1 Autograph Hotel
Smith Travel Research
- All Hotels Currently #1 RevPAR (revenue per available room) for 2016 Year-to-Date in Each Market
Travel + Leisure, MSN Travel, Yahoo Travel
- Ambassador Hotel Wichita Named Top Hotel in the State of Kansas
- Consistently Awarded Diner’s Choice Awards